Community Preparatory School seeks a dynamic, organized professional to join its Development team. This position reports to the Director of Development.
DESCRIPTION: The position of Annual Fund and Alumni Relations is a full-time exempt position, which requires current knowledge and experience with social media, digital, and print communications as well as interest in the education field. This position requires a strong social media content creator and writer with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills who can work efficiently while producing quality, detailed work.
- Maintain the donor database, updating records as needed with appropriate action steps. Cultivate a prospect list of 150 to 200.
- Meet regularly with Director of Development to review prospect cultivation and contribute to the development efforts, while deepening relationships with existing donors, as well as identifying and cultivating new prospects.
- Attend Development and Special Events Committee Meetings, and local networking events as directed by the Director of Development.
- Assist with special events under the supervision of the Director of Development or the Director’s designee.
- Coordinate mailings, including donation thank-you letters, holiday cards, bulk solicitations, and coordinate annual student thank-a-thons.
- Create a plan for and update on a timely basis social media presence, and maintain the school’s development presence on the school website
- Develop and execute an alumni outreach and engagement strategy under the supervision of the Director of Placement & Graduate Support.
- Coordinate creating and mailing of the school newsletter through internet and regular mail under a timeline determined by the Director of Development.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a portfolio of primary prospects and prospect activity.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Research, identify and initiate contact with potential donors and Community Prep Alumni
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies, working with Trustees and other volunteers.
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate.
- Maintain stewardship contact with donors, adhering to the ethical standards & demonstrating sensitivity to needs of donors.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three-five years successful experience in annual giving, preferably in an academic or non-profit setting
- Interest in all aspects of education and diversity as is relevant to CP’s fundraising priorities
- Successful experience in making calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments
- Excellent writing and strong communication skills
- High degree of technology competence, including fluency with Microsoft office suite of products (Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Data management and reporting experience in non-profit database system
- Experience with Alumni Relations
- Must be able to work with and rely on others, within team, and outside volunteers and vendors, to accomplish program responsibilities
- This position will include evening and weekend hours.
This position will pay between $44,000 and $50,000, depending on the individual’s experience and expertise. A generous range of benefits is included.
At Community Preparatory School, we empower our diverse student body to reach full academic and leadership potential while building a Beloved Community.
Community Preparatory School serves culturally and economically diverse students who are well qualified to benefit from a rigorous academic education in an atmosphere of mutual respect. By engaging with all facets of our students--intellectual curiosity, joyful learning, awareness of their own strengths, the rewards and satisfaction of determination, and a deep connection to our community and the larger world, we prepare our students to thrive in the most competitive high schools and to become community leaders.
Community Preparatory School challenges students to become confident, independent learners and develops a strong sense of public service through community service and stewardship. We engage parents, students and teachers in goal-setting and planning that ensures academic and social success for each student.
The school is committed to sharing its vision, programs, and resources with the local neighborhood and the broader community.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT:Community Preparatory School is an equal opportunity employer. The School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals of all gender identities, people with disabilities, and protected veterans.
Interested candidates are encouraged to e-mail a letter of interest and resume to Lisa Dantas, Director of Development at email@example.com